Pet First Aid Training
We are the only certified Pet First Aid instructor in the Bow Valley!
We are certified to teach the Walks n' Wags Pet First Aid Program. Walks n' Wags is the nations leader in Pet First Aid training. The program was developed in consultation with veterinarians and is continually being updated to reflect current first aid knowledge.
Become a Certified Pet First Aid Provider
Date: October 20, 2013
Times: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Location: Mystic Springs Chalet
Cost: $150 + GST.
Purchase a pet first aid kit for an additional $59.95 + GST.
Please contact us
to register. Space is limited to 8 participants, please register early to ensure your spot.
In this 10 hr course you will learn:
- airway obstruction
- artificial respiration
- preventing illness and injury
- restraint and transportation
- bleeding and wounds
- bone and joint injuries
- eye and ear injuries
- medical conditions
- injuries from heat and cold
- whelping and queening
- administering medication
- dealing with grief
What is unique about our program?
- We are the only program that allows you to bring your own dog to class to practise restraint, bandaging, splinting, and medicine administration.
- We are the only class that uses CasPeR the CPR dog to practise CPR, artificial respiration and airway obstruction with a real life dog mannequin.
- We are the most comprehensive course, offering 10 hours of course instruction and skills practise.
- We are recognized and endorsed by the CCPDT (Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers) and IAABC (International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants).
- We provide a quick reference guide to put in your first aid kit.
- You and your dog will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
Upcoming Courses: Sunday November 17, 2013